Friday, May 11, 2012

The Summer Set, 99 Problems?


From left to right:
John Gomez, Stephen Gomez, Brian Dales, Jess Bowen
and Josh Montgomery
I recently stumbled upon this cover of Jay Z’s 99 problems from Scottsdale, Arizona’s own The Summer Set.
I will be the first to say that I am not a fan of rap/ hip hop, I don’t get the appeal of listening to songs singing about sex, drugs, drinking and things of that nature, of course I know not all songs are this way. Now usually when a band I adore covers songs like this I am intrigued because for the most part it sounds pretty good (i.e, The Cab’s cover Disturbia, This Century’s Paper Planes) but unfortunately I was appalled at The Summer Set for choosing this and not being able to make it any better. Truth be told I don’t think anyone would have any luck at this song though because lyrically speaking, it’s awful and quite vulgar. Check it out and form an opinion of your own.
For all things The Summer Set check out their Facebook, Twitter and website!


xoxo,
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment