Saturday, March 10, 2012

Arizona Music.

When you think of Arizona unbearable heat in the desert comes to mind, right? I understand we do have long 120 degree summers and desert galore but if you look closely you would see the amazing music that comes within the heat. Saturday March 3rd I had the pleasure of watching five wonderful artists remind me why I love the Arizona music scene so much.

Sweettalker
Sweet Talker opened the show at Martini Ranch and gave a beautiful performance as he switched between keyboard and acoustic guitar. He ended his performance with his rendition of Hallelujah, probably my favorite cover of this song to date.
Next up was Radiodriveby who gave an interesting performance opening up with new song, Desiree. They announced the release of their new EP, On Your Way which is now on iTunes as of March 2nd. As they reached the middle of their set and the first note of the song Sunday was played, a handful of fans held up paper hearts with messages written on them, which came as a surprise to the guys but they couldn’t have been more grateful.
Reece and My Girl Friday both played pretty great sets and got the crowd pumped. Reece was quite new to me and before this night I have never heard of them but thanks to their performance I am definitely a new fan. While My Girl Friday was onstage Justin Godsey, lead vocals, invited a friend on stage to sing Down by Water with them which was a definite crowd pleaser.
This Century
This Century was the headlining band and opened up the show with Hopeful Romantic. The crowed was definitely ecstatic for their performance. My favorite song of the night was when they played Running, once the chorus rolled around there was not one voice that wasn’t singing nor one foot on the ground. Before the next song was played, the Rugrats theme song was played on the keyboard resulting in a good amount of cheers from the crowd! As the show was coming to an end This Century decided to play a cover which was said to have never been played before, M.I.A’s Paper Planes and definitely received a positive reaction.
All in all it was an amazing show and proved that great music comes within the heat. Be sure to check out Sweettalker, Radio Drive By, Reece, My Girl Friday and This Century on Facebook and iTunes!


xoxo,
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment