Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fun. Some Nights


Fun. has officially released their music for new single Some Nights off of the album with the same name, Some Nights this morning, watch it below! The video is set to have taken place back in the Civil War because to quote director, Anthony Mandler "The feeling and sound of the song felt like an old war to me".
Anyway after watching this video (not to mention listening to the song millions of times) I was finally able to grasp what I think the song is about, thank you visual representation.
Naturally the song is about Nate and his struggles, life and career but I am going to discuss the part where I believe the song relates to us.
Life is hard, some nights are great and some nights you’re confused on whether to give up or dust off your knees and move on. Each and every one of us is in some sort of war with ourselves and we don’t know who we are or who we’re meant to be causing us to question every move we make. We then begin to believe that everything we do is wrong (“so this is it…”) until that moment where we find love to stop us. We find a relationship that heals our heart and helps us to move on, whether it is with a significant other, love for your family or even a spiritual relationship and suddenly everything bad that has happened in your life suddenly makes sense. “That’s alright, I found a martyr in my bed tonight, stops my bones from wondering from who I am…” and some nights we all need that love. Of course some nights there are those who are walking alone and don’t want to believe but can’t help to believe anyway, (“I still wake up, I still see your ghost. Oh Lord I’m still not sure what I stand for...”). You never really know what you stand for exactly but honestly that’s the joy of living, to search for that reason and make mistakes along the way and learn from them.
This is only my interpretation, check it out and let me know what yours is. Don’t forget to check out ournameisfun.com for everything Fun and follow them on Twitter and like them on Facebook!


xoxo, 
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment